Dexter Davis is a young photographer who recently graduated from Valdosta State University. He runs ScrillMedia, his videography and photography brand and is currently stationed in Atlanta. In the upcoming months, Davis will be traveling to Puerto Rico where he will work on his new project, “Instant Vintage”.
- Taken while Cam Kirk and Davis were on set shooting Lil Yacthy for the ‘Day 4’ exhibit. “We shot this at an old prison so that’s why he’s wearing the jump suit. This photo was one of many images that we did for [Lil] Yacthy to put on a billboard in Atlanta, however, he decided to go with another location from this same shoot.”
- Project: “Black Aesthetics”
- “I pretty much wanted to create something from an artistic perspective with beautiful black women of different skin tones, unique looks, and different styles. I wanted the images to be simple but nice. I shot a lot of this project with with my film camera, but these images here were shot with my DSLR.”
- “This shoot was focused on embracing her Eritrea culture including her hair, attire and natural look.”
- “This is from a London-based clothing brand by the name of, Marbek. The brand flew in to Atlanta for a week and we created some very nice work for their new releases. They wanted to capture the city of Atlanta while showcasing their upcoming releases.”
Equipment specs: Canon 6D – 35mm Sigma Art 1.4 lens – 24mmL series 1.4 lens
For pricing and other inquiries, email Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to check out more of his work at scrillmedia.com or @Scrillmedia. Also, keep an eye out for new merchandise coming soon.